Tuesday, October 23, 2007

2 For Tuesday



Last Thursday's challenge over on Splitcoast was to find a way to use wood. This was just the push I needed to alter one of the jumbo clothespins I had on hand. Wouldn't this be neat as a Christmas countdown, too? Decorate with holiday papers, and in the clip have the number of days left until Christmas? I'll have to give that one a try. Might make a good gift ...

Supplies (Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Outlaw dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip (for distressing edges of dp); White, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow craft ink
Other: Pewter Hodgepodge hardware (spiral clip); chocolate grosgrain ribbon, moss gingham ribbon, On Board Blossoms & Basics chipboard, large deco brad - source unknown, jumbo clothespin from Oriental Trading




This second project is for Jen del Muro's weekly sketch challenge. Wanna play too? Check out this post at i{heart}2stamp for the sketch details. You'll see I not only used her sketch, but I also picked up the colors and theme from her sample. As they say, imitation is flattery. And her work IS amazing!

Supplies (SU!):
Stamps: Snow Burst, Season's Greetings
Inks: Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Sage Shadow
Paper: Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Wintergreen dp
Other: gold brad, dimensionals

6 comments:

Kendra Hernandez said...

this card is just beautiful amy!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, Amy! You constantly amaze me with your talent!
Sue

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous!! thx for playing!!

My Paper World said...

Just fabulous, You are so talented!

Tracy said...

love that clip - and yes the christmas version would be wonderful (we'll be waiting to see it soon!)
and the card - i really like the non-traditional colors (and i think you not only took the inspiration but you surpassed it - yours is wonderful!)

Anonymous said...

WHat a cute big clip, wow!

I love the Snow Burst card, its gorgeous! The Wintergreen DP is my fav for Christmas!