Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It IS cute!


There's a funny story behind this little project. I believe my upline got this stamp set, called You're Neat, at the Stampin' Up! convention this past summer. Now, to each her own, so no offense if this set tops your list of favorites, but Sue dislikes this set so much that she refused even to mount it! Personally, it tops my least-favorite list, too!

Toni, one of Sue's downline, suggested that we pass around the set and see if we can create something cute enough to change Sue's mind and make her like this set. I wish I had a picture of the adorable card Toni created last month. I volunteered to take the set next, and this is what I came up with. I have to say it's pretty stinkin' cute! Still, not enough to make me buy it, though. I'll take it to Sue's group meeting tomorrow night, so we'll see what she thinks.

The little cards are 3x3. I made a matching tote to go with it. It's hard to see in the picture, but I used a reverse mask to cover everything except the inside of the kite, which I then stamped with the Canvas background stamp. Just a little "extra." What do you think?

3 comments:

Kendra Hernandez said...

this is an adorable set amy! Welcome to the wonderfully addicting world of blogging! :)

June Houck said...

I'll bet Sue likes these now :) Very cool how you matched the kite to the gingham ribbon. You are so amazingly creative!

Stefanie said...

Great job with a tricky set! It is at the bottom of my list too, but your cards are adorable.