Friday, August 22, 2008

Grateful Elegance




Here's a quickie thank-you note idea using Verve's new Grateful Elegance stamp set. I love the easy elegance of this scroll background stamp! All I had to do was add some ribbon and brads plus a simple sentiment and the card was finished. The layout comes from Julee Tilman's Meet the Verve Diva sketch challenge. Head over to the Verve Forum this week and get to know Julee! Next Thursday, she'll be drawing one random winner from all the sketch entries, too - winner gets $15 Verve bucks. Hope you can play along!



Stamps: Grateful Elegance (Verve)
Paper: Cranberry Crisp, Going Gray, Basic Black, Naturals White (SU); "Boxer" (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: vintage brads, 1/4" circle punch, Cranberry Stitched ribbon (SU!); "Swiss Dots" Cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft); classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); black satin ribbon (Offray); paper piercer

15 comments:

Tina said...

This is great. great use sketch and color ~ but then all your cards are perfect.

Christina Fischer said...

This is beautiful! I just want to reach out and touch everything you create -- there is always fantastic texture and dimension!

Janine said...

This is very striking!!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This is a wonderful card.
I love your cards!
LG Annett

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card. The design and colour combination are beautiful.

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous, Amy!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, LOVE the stunning design and colors.

Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you tomorrow on the OCC! :)

Stamping hugs,
Jennifer :)

Angel said...

very pretty!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous Amy!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you did the ribbons....awesome!!

Janette said...

beautiful in every way! Although, quick? I dunno it takes me forever to figure out placement and colors and how to get everything just right. I envy you so much if you are able to just whip up these gorgeous creations LOL!

reeree62 said...

Amy, this is beautiful! I gotta say, I love your style!!
My big 5-0 is on the 1st, and I asked (translation: shamelessly begged) for Nesties from my husband. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sophie said...

It's beautiful!!!

reeree62 said...

P.S. Looks like your card could be an entry in Kristina Werner's color challenge too!

Lynda Benden said...

This is beautiful Amy! I ordered that set and now after seeing your card, I am SO glad I did!!!!