Thursday, September 4, 2008

Coffee and Cupcakes



Good morning friends! I posted this graphic a couple of weeks ago as a heads-up to the current Project Parade challenge going on at Verve. Yummy, huh?! Well, today it's my turn to post on the Verve blog.



I knew right away I wanted to use the cupcakes from Cupcake Affair - they're so perfect for this pink and brown challenge! I chose to work with Chocolate Chip as my dominant color. Dark and strong - just the way I like my coffee. Fancy drinks, not to mention fancy cupcakes, call for a fancy background, and the background strip from Artful Elegance was perfect!

Wanna play along with our Pink and Brown challenge? You still have time!! Just upload your creation to this post over on the Verve blog no later than noon on September 5th (that's tomorrow!). If you upload to SCS, use keyword VVPP05 so we can see all your delicious creations together. A random participant will be drawn on September 5 and will receive $15 in Verve Bucks. Good luck to you!!

My cupcakes are stamped on watercolor paper, colored with an aqua brush and reinkers, then glittered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter using a two-way glue pen. I trimmed them out and mounted them on dimensionals. The Pink Pirouette panel has been cut and embossed with rectangle Nestabilities. I cut the rectangle on the first pass through my Cuttlebug, then nested a smaller rectangle inside the larger one, and ran it through a second time with the appropriate padding for embossing rather than cutting. I like to do this as a subtle way to fill up empty space. The background has been stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder.

15 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh so yummy looking!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin' your coffee and cake, super work.

Katy said...

Amy! This is Fab-U-Lous! I can't wait to check out your blog every morning to see what cards I get to Case that day. This is gorgeous. Love it!

Becky Carafa said...

This is just so pretty, I love the layout and your details!

Tiffany said...

The embossed background looks amazing and so do the cupcakes. Beautiful job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fantastic!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful cupcakes! Great card, Amy!

Linda Carson said...

Love your style, creativity & bling!

Jennifer Meyer said...

LOVE this Amy, what a gorgeous card!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your cards are always fantastic Amy, and this is no exception!! Love those yummy cupcakes and your fabulous sketch!!

Bonnie said...

Yummi-licious Amy!! Great creation!

Sophie said...

Wow!!! I love it!!!

Conni said...

another great one, love it!!
C

Nancy Riley said...

This card just blows me away, Amy! How PERFECT is that background, anyway?! It looks like fancy chocolate! ... and those cupcakes look good enough to eat! WOW! Excellent design!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just pure fabulousness! I love the embossed background, and the sugar coated cupcakes and fabulous layout make me all giddy!