Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lovely Color Challenge Combo



I was all smiles late last night when I saw today's color challenge on Splitcoast: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Chocolate Chip. I knew the combo would be perfect for some new stamps that Our Daily Bread Designs is releasing tomorrow, April 1. The one I was itching to work with first is a single stamp of a passage from 1 Corinthains 13. Is this not one of the most beautiful passages in the entire Bible?

I stamped it onto Prism's luxurious metallic card stock (Champagne), clear embossed, and cut it out with one of the mega curved rectangle Nestabilities. The designer papers are all from Basic Grey's Porcelain pack. I embellished with some Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red ribbon, the Fiskars lace border punch, and some self-adhesive pearls. Mine are a mix of brands similar to the ones in the ODBD store. Some were ivory and some were white, but after coloring each one with a R81 Copic marker (the closest thing to Pink Pirouette that I own), they look pretty uniform.

Here's another look where you can see the glimmer of the metallic card stock and the shine from the heat embossing:



If you like "pretty," soak this one in because tonight at midnight I'll be posting one of the wildest looking things I've ever made! I'm kinda skeered - really!

Thanks for dropping in!



Stamps: 1 Corinthians 13 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate; SU Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey Porcelain dp; Metallic Ivory (Prism)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Walnut Stain Distress, SU Pink Pirouette
Accessories: SU ribbon and 1 1/4" circle punch, Fiskars lace border punch, adhesive pearls, foam adhesive, Spellbinders mega curved rectangle Nestabilities, clear embossing powder
Size: 5 1/2" square

20 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow Amy - this is amazingly beautiful! The colour combo is fantastic and you showcased this bible verse to perfection! Incredible work! Look forward to seeing your 'wild' creation!! :)
Hugs, Danielle

Libby Hickson said...

Oooh I can't wait to see your wild card!! But this one is truly gorgeous!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

This is just so gorgeous Amy!! Love it!!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Amy this is stunning! Man this looks labor intensive - but certainly worth all the effort. It's a wonderful card.

Unknown said...

Amy, this is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see your next card! It's wild, and YOU made it? LOL!

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely gorgeous - Amy!!! The shimmering CS looks fab and you know how much I love pearls ;)!!!

Kim said...

Gorgeous, Amy! I think I need that border punch! lol This is my favorite stamp from that set. In fact, I used it for my next card. A very convicting piece of Scripture, and Kelley made it look so beautiful!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is a beauty, but you know I'm anxious to see your WILD side!!! :)

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Amy!!!! Love the shimmery metallic prism paper. You really capture a fabulous shot of it, too. Gorgeous card and details!!!!

Kathy Jones said...

STUNNING!!!! I don't know how you do it Amy, but all your cards are just astoundingly gorgeous and every detail is perfect!!! Love the ribbon treatment and pearls and the shimmer card for the verse! I might have to go buy that punch too!!! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Amy!!! Love the prism paper! Gorgeous card!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!

Jane Wetzel said...

thats it...your new name is
"Amazing Amy"....this is incredibly beautiful!

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely beautiful! That prism cardstock is gorgeous and looks beautiful on this card!!!

America said...

Geez Amy, you are a genius at creating the most beautiful cards! This one is no exception! Love it.

Unknown said...

What can I say!
Simply stunning...as usual!
Viv xxx

Kimberly Crawford said...

Well, if you can't smile while looking at this, something is wrong with you!!! SO darling and creative and just plain gorgeous!!!
LOVE the pom pom trim and the packaging. Its a great idea to top the bag like that...need to file that one in my mind!!
(((HUGS)))

Lorelie Kim said...

This was soooo utterly gorgeous that I HAD to include it in today's ODBD blog post :). You sooooooooo ROCK!!

AlienAnessa said...

I have come back to this card of yours several times, to marvel at how you put everything together, and of course that Bible passage...one of my faves of all time. I've never bought a stamp from Our Daily Bread, but now I'm probably going to have to, that particular one is so versatile, in my mind at least =) You just have this great eye for placing elements that make something "complete"!!!

dpkennedy said...

So elegant and gorgeous!