Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fill Your Pumpkin To the Top



Can you believe it's already time to start thinking about Halloween projects? Today I have an early peek at a new set by My Favorite Things: Trick or Treat with Who's That Girl. I had a lot of fun working with this one. The coloring is all done with Prismacolor pencils. I popped up WTG's arm and candy bowl, as well as Flopsey (twice) for some extra dimension. Why is Flopsey green? It's Halloween! He can be any color you want!! I stamped one of the sentiments around the perimeter of the image to create a frame look.

Trick or Treat with Who's That Girl, some brand-new spooky ribbon, and an assortment of spooky crystals are all part of the August VIP Bundle, which is available in limited quantities TODAY ONLY. On the last Wednesday of each month, the VIP Bundle gives MFT fans a chance to order one of the next month's stamp sets, plus other new products a whole week early. Orders ship quickly, so chances are good that you'll have your things before the official release. If you want to, you're invited to post teasers along with the MFT design team during the release party. For more info on this month's contents and perks, go here HERE.

In other MFT news, the Bubble Bin has been updated for the week. Lots of good deals there, as always. And if you've ever wanted to know more about Smooch paints, pucker up and head on over to MFT's How'd They Do That forum, where Jessie will tell you all about them!

The blog and Facebook updates from CHA are beginning to pop up everywhere, while I sit at home wishing I were there. Anyone else?? Let's have a virtual Left-Behind Happy Hour.

Have a drink (or two) at 3:00
I''ll think of you, and you think of me!




Stamps: Trick or Treat With Who's That Girl (My Favorite Things)
Paper: MFT Perfect Paper Panels, Stampin' Up Basic Black, Whisper White, and Pumpkin Pie card stock, dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps; SU ribbon, brads, white EP, edge distressing tool, paper piercer, and dimensionals; sewing machine

Size: 5 1/2" square

28 comments:

Debbie said...

Too cute!

Marimer said...

Un nuevo y fantástico trabajo, los colores me encantan y todos los detalles, que aunque algunos parecen que no se ven, está ahí y enriquece el proyecto. Enhorabuena.

daisy said...

what a lovely card! love the halloween theme's

hugs
daisy

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

sweet! I feel your pain, I am left behind as well. My work is at CHA, so totally not fair that I'm not. Ü

Leslie Deering said...

You have once again inspired me so i went and purchased it I love Halloween and your card is beautiful!!! thanks Leslie
CHA is missing you I bet!

Unknown said...

Amy..can I borrow your imagination? Mine's rubbish!
Hugs Viv xxx

Unknown said...

Fun and neat card!

Michelle said...

No, I can't believe it's time to start thinking of Halloween!! Or even back to school....supplies everywhere in all the stores! I'm not NEARLY done with summer :( But your card is adorable....I think Flopsy is adorable green....maybe he's dressed as an alien :)

Unknown said...

amy...do you ever make a card that ISN'T just drop-dead perfection? LOL! i love the colors, the dp, the way the sentiment is stamped around the focal panel, your stunning coloring...what else is there? LOL!

amazing job {as usual}, sweetie!

Denise Young said...

OMG... I just love your cards. You do such a great job. TFS (always).

Linda Carson said...

Really cute, really clever & really creative!! I like old Flopsey in green!

Jessie/knightrone said...

WoW girlie!! This is AWESOME!!

Jane Wetzel said...

love this Amy..so cute! Your coloring is fabola!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy this is so adorable, makes me smile!!!

Dawn B. said...

Wooohooo another Halloween card. I am starting to see them around. I love this. You picked great colors. I wish I was at CHA too.

Barbara said...

Hi Amy,

You are one talented lady. A great colorful and fun card

Melody said...

Great card Amy. I love the new set and ordered it last night. So wish I was going to CHA. I will have a drink with you!

Dawn Easton said...

ACK! I love this, Amy! Your colouring is FABULOUS!

Amy Johnson said...

Absolutely adorable! Love this new set. Great papers with this image. Love the colors. Love how you did the sentiment and how you pierced and distressed the orange panel. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, could this be any cuter, I am still giggling! LOVE IT! That is a set I can't wait to get my hands on!

dpkennedy said...

Awesome coloring! This card is just adorable!

Shy said...

Love the green ribbit! So cute!

Barbara said...

OMG! Halloween! I've started Christmas with a passion, but better take time for the tweeners like Halloween and Thanksgiving.

This is a precious card! I love the sentiment, very philosophical, actually! Your coloring is perfect!

Barb

P.S. I like your new profile picture, too.

Alice said...

Amy - love all of your cards but this one is so precious. I love all the Halloween colors. Can't wait to get my set.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful and adorable Amy!! Love your layout and the Autumn colors!! Perfect coloring as always!! I hope you are enjoying your summer and that all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is so cute! I love the colrs and all the black!

June Houck said...

Amy, this is PERFECT!!! So cute. Your coloring is marvelous :)

Anonymous said...

Holy moses on a mainframe, I can't even TELL you how much I love this card!! The green bunny...jeeepers, I just love love love it!!! And your coloring is stinkin' perfect!! =)