Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tooty Fruity



The new Feelin' Fruity set by My Favorite Things is irresistible - I just had to do another project! I found an assortment of gumdrop fruit wedges at my local grocery a while back and knew they'd be great to use with this set, but it took me FOREVER to get around to it - so long, in fact, that I had to go get a second box of the fruit wedges. Yep, ate 'em all! One here, one there, and before I knew it, they were gone :) Not so great for the diet, I have to say.

Speaking of diets, I was shocked to return from my vacation 3 pounds lighter than when I left, despite my mealtime indulgences. Woo hoo! We even had dinner one night at one of the local seafood restaurants, where seriously, everything was deep-fried - right down to the mac 'n cheese and hot dogs on the kids menu. I know ... WHY?? I guess it's a southern thing? I'll confess, it was tasty. I had deep-fried clam strips and conch fritters to start, then deep-fried crab cakes, deep-fried french fries, deep-fried hush puppies, and deep-fried corn-on-the cob (again ... why??) for my meal. It's a wonder we didn't all have heart attacks right there at the table.

I doubt you're here for deep-fried chitchat, so I'll get on with the project. As I said, I created this one around the gumdrop fruit wedges. I looked through my closet of alterables to find something to hold them, because if I don't start using some of these things, I'll have to stop buying them, and, well, that just wouldn't do. I haven't seen these altered wooden gift bag/box thingies in a while, so at the risk of being way behind the times, I decided to go with that. You can find these in the unfinished wood section at Michael's for $1 I think. They're cute, inexpensive, and so easy to alter.

The papers are all from MFT's Spring dp collection (which, by the way, is available as both "real" paper or a digi download). The colors are perfect for all this fruit! The ribbon and button are also part of MFT's Spring line. Love how everything comes already coordinated. I also used my new hot-fix applicator tool to apply the glitter pearls. Works like a charm!

Here's another look at just the cello bag and tag:



And here's the box/bag thingy all by its lonesome:



Oh, and before I go, I want to show you my unedited photo of this project. Ready?



I know ... blech!! Wanna know how I fixed it? Check out the Photographing Your Papercrafting Projects Tutorial in MFT's How'd They Do That? Forum (in case you weren't paying attention the last time I sent you there {grin}).

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Feelin' Fruity (My Favorite Things)
Paper:
MFT Perfect Paper Panels, MFT Spring Collection dp, GP white
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, Michael's wooden bag/box, cello bag, MFT
Soft Spring Ribbon Nest, MFT Spring Collection buttons, Spellbinders circle Nestabilities, Stampin' Up scalloped border punch and oval punch, May Arts burlap string, Making Memories white acrylic paint, MFT hot-fix glitter pearls, paper piercer

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, those oranges/limes/lemons are the cutest!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! Yum!! The colors and the design is so delish!! Awesome project Amy!! Anyone would love to receive this!!

Chris said...

Great project, so bright and summery! Thanks for the lessons in photoediting...I've already made a white backdrop, adjusted my white light and am delighted with the results!

Melody said...

Fun project! Great little gift. Thanks for photo tutorial. I am using your suggestions and am already much happier with my photos!

Silke Ledlow said...

Yummy little project - Amy!!! This is really cute!!! Hugs ~S~

dpkennedy said...

Oh how cute! That sentiment is adorable! What a cute set!!

judy anderson said...

These are adorable. Oh oh I have to earmark it.

Jackie Pedro said...

This new set is ADORABLE! LOVE your project, Amy!!

We just spent a day at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and they had a booth selling deep fried Twinkies....didn't try one, but they were busy!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

LMBO at your deep fried chit chat! BTW there is a place here that serves deep fried pickles!LOL! Love your project!! too cute!!

Dawn B. said...

I LOVE this. I think that it is terrific. I really like that box. I need to get one from Mikes. I have been using your tutorial and it is so awesome. Really well put together and has helped me so much. Oh yeah...We have deep fried pickles here too. Lots of deep fat here in NC. Great job.

ChristineCreations said...

They are FUN and fruity Amy! And I have to say what a fantastic photography tutorial on SCS. You did such a great job and it was extremely well written and generous of you!

Gail said...

What a fun and bright project!

June Houck said...

Very cute projects; perfect with that summery dp too.

3 lbs lighter? No fair! I came back 7lbs heavier...ugh.

Love your new pic :)

Danielle said...

What awesome projects Amy! I love the bright papers and those fruity images! Your little box is adorable - stunning work as always Amy! Thanks for your sweet comment - hopefully I'll be back crafting very soon! Everything seems to be drying out well!
Hugs, Danielle

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! I love the paper and love the project! I have some fruit stamps and want to case this idea. Perfect for teacher gifts or for anyone!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome!!!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I just stumbled upon your blog from another... I have not been 'hopping[ in a long time. your cards and projects are fantastic! WOW!!!
I just wanted to comment and say, yea, it is a southern thing, lol! My kids have a lot of food allergies and can not eat other things because it makes my daughters eczema flare up. After we stopped eating these things and going out I lost 30 lbs in 2 months! lol! Guess it is not good for you after all ;). Fried foods are god in moderation ;) lol! Glad you had a fun time though:)