Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year



Good morning! I was looking through my growing stash of Christmas cards the other day and thinking they all look the same! So I pulled out one of my favorite not-so-traditional holiday color and paper combos from last year and got to work on something a little different. The circular sentiment and lacy circle border behind it are both from Christmas Treasures Borders & Centers by JustRite Stamps. The luscious blue and green papers are from K&Co's "Christmas Memories" mat pad.

The best part about today's card? The layout - thanks to Jen's AWESOME Sketch For You To Try for this week! Check it out at i{heart}2stamp, where you'll also see Jen's and guest designer Lorelie Kim's amazing samples. Head next to Amy Rohl, Kelly Lunceford, Leigh O'Brien, and Susan Liles for more inspiration. Hope you like this sketch as much as I have. To play along, link your creation to Jen's post and use keyword SFYTT when uploading to Splitcoast.

Some card details ... Stamper's Dream carries a wide assortment of JustRite Stamps products. And if there's ever something in particular you're looking for but don't see, just email Michelle and she can tell you if she carries it and when it will be back in stock. The set I used today is currently out of stock, but should be back by the middle of this coming week(sorry!). For the focal point medallion, I stamped the sentiment in Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy ink, then cut it with circle Nestabilities. With the die still in place I sponged on Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and just a hint of Not Quite Navy. I matted it, then popped it up atop the the stamped lacy circle border, which was sponged in the same manner as the sentiment. I used additional Spellbinders dies for the background layers: Curved Rectangle Mega Nestabilities and Fancy Scalloped Piercabilities. The corners are adorned with Kaiser Champagne Pearls. The ribbon is some Offray ivory wide satin from my stash and the bow is secured with a pearl brad from the wedding section at Michael's.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



Stamps: Christmas Treasures Borders & Centers (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Prism
Simply Smooth Ivory and Dark Island Mist card stock, K&Co Christmas Memories mat pad
Ink: Stampi' Up Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Spellbinders circle Nestabilities,
Curved Rectangle Mega Nestabilities and Fancy Scalloped Piercabilities, foam adhesive, sponges, Kaiser Champagne self-adhesive pearls, Offray ribbon, Michael's brad

16 comments:

~Lori Roop said...

This is beautiful Amy! I love the embellished bow!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Amy! Your gorgeous work always amazes me! BTW...all JustRite products will be back in stock by the middle of next week. :)

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Amy,
I love your layout. The colours really stand out and the bow looks beautiful.
Hugs Marion

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh my word is this STUNNING! Beautiful colors and layers and I love the addition of the curved rectangles and scalloped circles-you know all the perfect touches, always! LOVE THIS!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Amy, This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What lovely colors!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sandra H. said...

All the colors remind me of Christmas. Very, very nice!

Amy Rohl said...

Gorgeous layers and bow, and a great sentiment! Yum on the colors Ü

Jennifer Love said...

I think this is just so gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is gorgeous! I love those deep, rich colours and your pretty ribbon embellishment!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my Amy, this is absolutely gorgeous! Well, all of your creations are! I love the colors, this sentiment, and that ribbon/blow and pearls are beautiful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Amy. Love the great colors, the ribbon... everything. TFS!

Peggy said...

Thank you for sharing another beautiful card. Could you please share how you make this bow w/the pearl brad and the other beautiful bows you make? I really love your art work. God bless!
Peggy

jhet said...

HI Amy! This card is so lovely! How do you do that bow with a brad?? I wanna try it, too! Thanks!

jen del muro said...

Girl, you know how to make my jaw drop!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, what a wonderful design!! I love all the details and the layering.
--Hugs Becca

Marisa said...

Just love this card. Great colours and I love the border down the side panels.