Sunday, October 25, 2009

Santa Baby ...



I have a flirty little somethin' to share today :) The cute image and sentiments are all part of Santa Baby by My Favorite Things. I colored with Copics and Prismacolor pencils, except for the paper pieced wallpaper. The designer papers are all from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses line. I wanted to gussy up the bottom with some ruffled ribbon. I've been seeing so many ruffled and other cool ribbon treatments in blogland, and now I know why - Moxie Fab World's Not Your Regular Ruffles contest! The deadline is midnight, Monday, 10/26, so you've still got a little bit of time to participate if you want to get in on the fun!

For my ribbon treatment, I hand-basted and gathered some wide green silk ribbon by May Arts. Layered over that is first some wide white ricrac and next a length of red polka dot ribbon tied in a knot. A couple of other extras: Santa's buttons are black Swarovski crystals, and the beard and fur are coated with white liquid applique.

Here's a look at the cute sentiment on the inside:



Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Santa Baby (My Favorite Things)
Paper: MFT Perfect Paper Panels, Papertrey white, Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, white liquid applique, black crystals from Spooktacular Adornments by MFT, paper piercer, foam adhesive, Spellbinders fancy tags die, SU word window punch, May Arts green silk ribbon and wide white ricrac, MFT Polka Dot Perfection ribbon nest

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my WORD Amy is that ever beautiful! Love that silky skirt around the bottom of the card. Just stunning!

Cathy Young said...

What a fun card. I love your gathered ribbon. You did a fabulous job!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my gosh, Amy, this is GORGEOUS! WOW! Love that ruffle!

Gabriela said...

Clearly there is no end to your talent. This is breath taking and beautiful! My word...

Painter said...

I'm really your fan! All of your cards are perfect! And I'd like to ask you, what's the size of the cards you done?

Nicole Bailey said...

I'm speechless this card is over the top stunning! LOVE that ruffled ribbon-OMG!
Thanks for sharing!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card Amy, and those ruffles are the most fabulous I have ever seen! Jo x

Pam Varnell said...

Amy, wowzers!!! This card takes my breath away. Your coloring is amazing as is that ribbon treatment. PURE BEAUTY!! Hugs.

Jody Morrow said...

WOW! That is GORGEOUS!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Amy. Love what you did with the ribbon. TFS!

Anonymous said...

You rock!! Great card, and the paper piecing is to die for!

Marimer said...

Siempre espero tus trabajos con mucha expectación, porque son super creativos y educativos, este es increible, muy simpatico el stamp y el colorido genial. Un éxito mas. çBss

Meahni Pieterse said...

Such a beautiful card Amy, I love the 'frill'. Your cards are just beautiful and so stylish.
Meahni

Jessica Diedrich said...

WHOA-that ribbon is AMAZING. I LOVE the way you colored up the image and paired w/ the DP's, too-the swarovskis and liquid app are the perfect touches too----I just can't get over that ribbon!!! WOW!!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Simply gorgeous, Amy!!

Shannon said...

I love that ribbon treatment at the bottom, not only is it genius, but beautifully executed. And, as usual, your coloring is spectacular! You make me want to jump on the Copic bandwagon, but I'm afraid my coloring would just look flat. You definitely have an eye for it and are an amazing talent.

Jennifer said...

Oh, that is sooo cute! I love it!

Linda Carson said...

Your coloring is just perfect....can you spell j-e-a-l-o-u-s?? Picture perfect artwork Amy!

Denise Marzec said...

So CUTE, and FUN, and BEAUTIFULLY colored!!

Melody said...

Love Amy! I just love your beautiful ruffle! and beautiful colors!

Barbara said...

This is very flirty and very fun!!

Barb

Unknown said...

Ooh I LOVE this flirty card Amy and those ribbon ruffles are amazing!
Coloured perfectly too! Awesome!
Hugs Viv xx

Pamela said...

Once again, girl, you have blown me away with your design! I want to be you!!!!!!! You give me something to strive for each time I visit your blog and see what you have posted. Blessings!

Heidi Karpen said...

Wow! SO fabulous Amy! Love the ruffled silk ribbon and ric rac trim- perfect with these papers!

Leigh OBrien said...

This card is amazing, Amy. The coloring is unbelievable and the paper piecing, the ribbon and trims, paper choices...ACK...Everything about it is gorgeous!

Tracy said...

i just love this one. the coloring is just wonderful. also love how you pieced it - with that "wallpaper" in the bg. such a fabulous combo of all the papers, color, with that image.. and the ruffle is pretty - but the choice of the ric rac with it - now thats wonderful. you get all the details - i just love it.

dpkennedy said...

So pretty! Looks like a dust ruffle on the bottom of the card! Love it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amy! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)

Teneale Williams said...

OMG I LOVE this card, The ribbon looks fab. Your just to clever.