Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Heart Is Yours


 Here's my take on this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge (#177). It was a tricky sketch for me, but I tried to give it my best! The two hearts are die-cut with Verve's Jotted Heart die, one in felt and one out of some old, old, old red "velvet" Christmas ribbon - the kind you'd use on an outdoor wreath. The sweet sentiment is from Verve's Swirling Hearts set. For the angled panel, I decided to go with a faux pocket and pull-out tag tucked inside. The papers are by The Girls' Paperie (music) and October Afternoon (blue doily).

I kept the pull-out tag simple -- the Kraft label is die-cut with Verve's Vintage Oval die and the ivory embossed oval is die-cut with the Embossed Oval die. The hearts and sentiment are from Love Notes.



Here's the sketch:



Be sure to head over to the Mojo Monday blog and participate. It's a contest week, which means up to 7 lucky winners will receive Verve goodies!

Hope your week is off to a great start!







Stamps: Swirling Hearts, Love Notes (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft and True Black, The Girls' Paperie Tinsel & Twig, October Afternoon Thrift Shoppe
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Fired Brick, Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo Distress inks
Accessories: Verve Vintage Oval, Embossed Oval and Jotted Heart dies; paper piercer, needle, and thread; EK Success scalloped border punch; Stampin Up 1 1/4" circle punch, dimensionals, and red ribbon; Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder; Papertrey button and twine; Kaisercraft black adhesive pearls
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

20 comments:

Asil said...

Oh my, that is an absolute gem of a card! Love it!! :D

Sharyn said...

This is such a lovely card, for valentines or any day really. The layers and tag are just delcicous! Love it.

Oliwiaen said...

The idea with the tag at the same time following the sketch is simply INGENIOUS!!

Jennifer Chapin said...

This is a lovely card, Amy! Thanks for sharing!

Renée said...

LOVE it, Amy! Love the pull out tag and the fun texture of the hearts :)

Maureen said...

eek!! This is KMLPO!!! I love the music paper and embossed kraft, and then I saw the fabulous hidden tag!!! Wow!! LOVE this :)

Marisa said...

Aren't you clever using the old ribbon! Love the combo of hearts and the tucked in tag is fabulous! Of course, the dots on the kraft make my heart sing :) Lovely as always!

Anonymous said...

Absolutly beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Darlene said...

Wow, I "heart" this! I especially love all of the different shapes. The tag is too cute too. Love the ideas you always give me! Thanks for sharing Amy.

Laura Pryor said...

Truly, TRULY an amazing design.

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! I love how you used that old ribbon! That was really clever!

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT, clever & creative artwork!

Lynda Benden said...

This is just darling Amy! Love the colors and papers, beautiful!

Mackie said...

Another beautiful creation! I just love the color combination.

ashan17 said...

So nice and very interesting!

Vickie Z said...

Honestly... I don't even know where to begin!!!! Love those hearts in felt and cork, love the colors, love the music dp, love the blue with the other colors, love the pocket and tag... I said, I didn't know where to begin!!!

Carmen said...

I really like this card! Love the cork board (looking) heart and the sheet music. So cute!

Denise Marzec said...

OH I LOVE how you made that angled panel a pocket. Too cool!

Keva said...

Oh wow. This is absolutely stunning. Great colors and details.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful Card.