Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Quartet, Jillibean Style

So this is what it feels like ... to make four cards in one sitting. I don't think I've ever done that before! I'm usually far too slow. I took my inspiration for this fun Spring quartet from some super adorable Jillibean Soup Egg Drop Soup papers that I've been sitting on for probably a year now. Love the cheery colors and the bold patterns!

I should mention that the card bases are all from Stampin' Up's very rich brown Early Espresso card stock. Love this earthy color and how it pairs with these bright, Spring colors. Too bad it looks black in the photos, though! 

First up is a sweet Hi There card:

Those sweet chicks with their adorable expressions crack me up!


This next one centers around the cute bunny print and a coordinating "Caution: Bunny Crossing" sticker:

The word "happy" comes from a sentiment in Love Story by Verve Stamps and the word Spring was done with some "Flutter" puffy alphabet stickers by Making Memories.



Next is a colorful Spring Has Sprung card:

The sentiment is a Jillibean Soup sticker, the umbrellas along the right side are from one of the Egg Drop Soup patterns, and the flowers stems were cut from another Egg Drop Soup pattern and topped with stamped tulips from Verve's Miracles Blossom. (And yes, I realize that's not what tulip foliage looks like {wink}).


Last is the card I actually made first (and then I couldn't get stopped!):

The leaf and ladybug are from a Flutter sticker pack (I think), and the little tab thingy in the upper right, along with the label, are both from a Jillibean sticker sheet. The sentiment is from Verve's Easter Joy set (currently on sale as part of Verve's Spring Savings Sale).


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed today's cards as much as I enjoyed making them!


12 comments:

Ruth S said...

Love your happy springtimey cards Amy - you have been motoring away with those four!

Leslie Miller said...

These are all unbelievably cute with that paper and your ultra-creative designs! Four in one sitting -- wow! Love them all!

Oliwiaen said...

Busy morning then, huh? :-)) Time well spent! All are so fresh, co cheerfful - the spring must be coming :-))

Allison said...

What a fabulous bunch of spring cards!

Cary M. said...

I love them all. Great colors and design. Thanks for sharing. :)

Angel said...

Let me just say that I would imagine it would be difficult to produce 4 masterpieces at one sitting! Because ALL of your cards blow me away! These are no exception! Miss you!

Laura Evangeline said...

They're all super cute!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh man! I wish I could create like you! All of these cards are precious! I just love all the details, yet still such a clean, crisp look!

Dotty Jo said...

All fabulous - and such a sweet breath of springtime! Jo x

kksb said...

I like them all. They are great. Spring is coming and you are helping to welcome it.

irishgalkelly said...

All too cute Amy. Love that rich brown with the pastels. Just looks new and fresh that way! Love that "Happy Spring" font!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun set of cards, Amy! Love the whimsical feel to them all!