Friday, March 11, 2011

Wrinkles and Smiles


 Maureen is hosting this week's Viva La Verve challenge, and has provided a fantastic sketch for us to play with this month ...



The sentiment and butterfly are from Verve's Blue Skies. I'm so glad I pulled out this older favorite because I had forgotten some of the awesome sentiments that are included. Check it out ...


I used papers from one of the My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose collections. The blue background has been crumpled and sanded (it needed some wrinkles to fit the sentiment {wink}). The rectangle focal panel was die-cut with a Spellbinders Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities die. Wonky Rectangles is turning out to be my sleeper favorite from this latest Spellbinders collection. I pretty much overlooked it in favor of some of its sexier siblings, but now that I have it, I am absolutely loving it! It adds just the right amount of fun and whimsy!

Happy Friday, friends! Hope you have a fantastic weekend :)






P.S. Remodel update: I may not turn out to be the DIY-er that I claimed yesterday I was going to become. The current master bath remodel is pretty much 100% hired out (I did change cabinet doorknobs yesterday -- teehehe) and I'm already in major stress mode. Yesterday evening I went from yelling snapping at the whole family to sobbing, "I'm so stressed out" -- all within half a second. Today, I'm all chill, "it is what it is." Sometimes I just have to freak out a little before I put things in perspective and find my calm place ;) Oh, and per request, I'll post some favorite newly discovered DIY blogs soon, as well as before and after photos of our MBa improvements.

11 comments:

Maureen said...

OH, this is delicious, Amy...I'm so glad you played with my sketch...wow, what an honour...I think I told you that your blog was one of the first card blogs I ever saw and started following :) so this is kind of like meeting Oprah! LOL I'm hoping the "wrinkle" sentiment isn't about the fact I'm turning 45 and have wrinkles!! LOL...I know, it's not always about ME!! LOL

lin_ka1 said...

card catches the eye with a smile:)

Anonymous said...

Great card Amy - love the butterfly layering!
Glad to hear you've found a little perspective in among the DIY angst ;)
Take care, hugs, Ruth S

Jen Shults said...

This is just gorgeous Amy! I'm going to have to get those Nesties, at first I wasn't sold but seeing the way you use them, I just LOVE it! Love the butterfly and the twine... gorgeous use of that sketch!

Darlene said...

Oh I LOVE this! The simplicity is working! Being in the skin care industry, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sentiment!!! The butterfly, twine (my new fav thanks to you!), colors...it's just...well awesome!

Jenn P said...

Wow! Just so pretty and I really need to get some of those stamps-so many for one set! That's awesome. You're a big inspiration!!!!! I love butterflies

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch Amy! Jo x

Star Ark Creativity said...

I like the card the stamps you use and I love the saying and the butterfly and I love the colors you pick for this card. Thank you for sharing.
Have a great day :)
Delama

Christina said...

Such and adorable card! I just love that butterfly. Red and aqua has to be one of my favorite colour combinations and you've made it look so easy here! The saying is so playful and cute looking, I just love all the touches you've added, the stitching and the distressing, GORGEOUS!

Angel said...

Love this card and this set! (Which I totally missed but is now on my wish list!)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is soooooo gorgeous, Amy! Love that zigzag stitch and the totally cool wonky rectangle.