Saturday, August 27, 2011

Enjoy the Moments



Eeeek, this may be my first Christmas card for the year! Eeek because it's already time to get going and eeek because I haven't started sooner! And then eeeek, how about this whimsical Impression Obsession Stocking image? Love it! I couldn't help but "see" this image in totally fun, bright colors, and My Mind's Eye's new 12 Days of Christmas was the perfect inspiration!



I colored with Copics, then die-cut the image with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen Nestabilities and sponged the perimeter with Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink. Accents include The Twinery's Marachino twine, machine stitching, Bubble Dots White Vintage crochet trim, a scalloped border (My Favorite Things), and a layered sentiment tag done with JustRite's Merry & Bright set, a scallop tag die (Verve), and a black library clip (Stampin' Up).

If you're in Irene's path, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay safe!




Stamps: Stocking (Impression Obsession), Merry & Bright (JustRite)
Paper: My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock, Papertrey Kraft card stock
s: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps, Spellbinders Labels Eighteen Nestabilities, My Favorite Things scallop border Die-namics, Verve Tiny Sweet Scallop Tag set, Stampin' Up 1 1/4" circle punch and library clip, dew drops, foam tape, sewing machine, The Twinery twine, Papertrey button, Maya Road Bubble Dots White Vintage crochet trim
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Amy - that Christmas pad is adorable. Can't wait for it to be out in my LSS ;)
Rx

Corinne said...

elle est superbe, j'aime beaucoup les couleurs
bises de la France

Kathy Martin said...

What a colorful, fun and festive card! Love!

Cheryl said...

Love that stamp, and you've colored it in such fun colors! I'll be checking out that happy new paper. Great card.

g said...

love the fun colors-so many fun details too! awesome card!!

Susie said...

This summer has flown by! I'm already seeing holiday displays going up in some of the stores. This is a very cute card Amy. I too like the fun colors you have used.

BTW: I now have a little studio. Yep, we turned our casita from an outside guesthouse into a craft studio! I'm still moving supplies from the house out to the casita hope to be done soon. My first real playhouse *laughing*

Thank you Amy for all the inspiration! Your designs never disappoint.

Hugs,
Susie ~

Karen said...

This is sooo cute! I just want you to know I check you blog frequently and love your cards. I just need to get better at remembering to leave you a comment. : )

Conniecrafter said...

cool coloring, like the die on an angle like that, and those little pom poms are too cute!

Dawn Easton said...

What a fabulous image! Love how you've coloured it and paired it with those fun new papers!

Oliwiaen said...

They maybe totally fun, bright colours, but the card still looks nicely vintage to me :-) Love it!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the bright and cheerful colors and your coloring is amazing! I am loving those papers! (Sent you emails hopefully you got them)

Betty J Schaub said...

so whisical! cute!