Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Can You Handle This?!

I'm sooooo excited to let you in on a little secret .... I'm guesting with the girls at the Color Throwdown challenge blog all month long! Every Wednesday in October, you'll find me here (and there, too!) throwing down some color with some of my very favorite stampers in the whole wide world! Pinch me, please!

I'm a wee bit terrified, if I may confess, since color challenges are not at all my forte, but fortunately, I've been given some smooth waters for my maiden voyage. How about this lovely combo, brought to us by the aweome Tammy Hershberger:


Here's what I came up with:


For more color samples, a big announcement, and the participation details, visit the Color Throwdown blog!

I used papers from the My Mind's Eye Paris & Co 6x6 pad and a sentiment from Verve's You and I stamp set. Embellishments include some ivory burlap string, buttery yellow grosgrain, a sweet petite yellow rose and a Webster's Pages cameo stick pin. Both the doily and scallop border were done with My Favorite Things Die-namics dies. The sentiment label was done with Verve's Classy Label die.

The layout is this week's Deconstructed Sketch # 21:



Thanks for visiting!






Stamps: You and I (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft and Vintage Cream card stock, My Mind's Eye "Paris & Co." 6x6 pad
Ink: Ranger Walnut Stain, Versamagic Aqua Mist and Wheat, Stampin' Up Barely Banana
Accessories: Verve Classy Label die, My Favorite Things Decorative Doily Duo and Medium Scallop border Die-namics, Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities, Stampin' Up Cream grosgrain, Recollections mini rose, May Arts burlap string, Maya Road trinket pin, Webster's Pages cameo long needle push pin, paper piercer/needle/thread, foam adhesive
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

28 comments:

Marimer said...

Elegante y con una combinacion de colores preciosa. Enhorabuena.
Besitos.

Maya said...

Ohh this is so beautiful!
Love the layers, colors and all the fab details!
Hugs from Maya

Ankie vd Polder said...

Whow, this is fabulous. Wonderful colors. Hugs, Ankie

Oliwiaen said...

I love every single inch of this card!! So beautiful!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! Love your hand stitching again!!! Beautiful creation!

Broni said...

What a gorgeous card for your "maiden voyage"!! I love all the beautiful detail with just the perfect mix of the colors! Thank you SO much for being our "guestie" this month!!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous creation with this week's colours, Amy! Love the soft feel to the card. Look forward to seeing you other creations this month :)

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful! The layered matting for your sentiment is so elegant and I love your gorgeous bow with flower and cameo pin!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, what a beautiful card! I love the pin!!!!!!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Laura Pryor said...

Amy, amy!!!! I am loving loving the burlap in this design!! I've been looking at a pile of it for months and now I'm inspired to use it!!!!! I'm so excited to have you as our guest at the CTD this month!!! Cool stuff!!!
Laura

Karen said...

Wow! Great card! : )

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE all your great elements in this gorgeous card! Perfect stitching...even around the die cut! I'm lucky to do a straight line - lol!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!!! This is sooo beautiful, Amy...love the papers and all the pretty details you added, especially the hand stitching....WOW!!! How fun to be stamping with you again....it's been a few years!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Amy, this is absolutely stunning! Your designs always rock my world! LOVE that cameo on the stick pin!

SO honored to have you join us this month!!!

Keva said...

Wow. This is just gorgeous!!

Shantaie said...

Congrats!!! {no pinching needed} you are a total rock star!! :)

gorgeous card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch and colors Amy!! So elegant!! Congrats on being a guest. You are so deserving my friend.

Hope all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Susie said...

Yep, this is beautiful all right! So nice, Amy.

Ravengirl said...

Wow, those colors are fabulous together!!!

Barbara said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Amy!!! I'm over the moon excited that you're guesting with us this month! I can't wait to see what you do with our colors! Your maiden voyage is certainly a success!

Amy Rohl said...

So you. So gorgeous. Way to rock it!

Lori said...

Amy, this is just gorgeous and so very elegant. You mixed the colors perfectly! So glad you're joining us this month!

Leslie Miller said...

I can't believe you'd be stumped by anything, Amy. You always do such a beautiful job and this card is a fine example of that. These are lovely colors and you've brought them all together in perfect proportion. Gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a beautiful color combo, and I LOVE what you did with this sketch. GORGEOUS!

AdoraBella said...

Oh this is Gorgeous! I love all details! And the colors are so beautiful!

Vickie Z said...

Honestly thought I had commented on this...so sloooow!!! Gorgeous as always!! Fabulous use of these colors and sketch!

Elena Belikova (@kelmberg) said...

Нежная открытки. Красивые цвета. Здорово!

Irene said...

So elegant!