Thursday, April 26, 2012

You're My Hero - DS49


It's Thursday, which means there's a brand-new Deconstructed Sketch (#49) to try. Here it is: 




I love that cluster of shapes and banners! When I was playing around with my card for this month's Diva Dare (which I posted yesterday), I cut some of Verve's new Ribbon Banners out of corrugated cardboard. (The Diva Dare theme is "All Aboard" -- use chipboard, cardboard, and/or kraft.) I didn't use the banners for that card, but thought they'd be absolutely perfect for this sketch. The patriotic theme was inspired by both the Heidi Swapp papers I used and the "You're My Hero" sentiment in Verve's Purely Sentimental stamp set. It's hard to see, but to the left and right of the stamped and white embossed sentiment, I clear embossed rows of little stars using one of the stamps from Super Dad. To give the card some oomph (it's still feeling a little plain), I tied on some red/white/blue Airmail Divine Twine from The Cat's Pajamas and punched the edge of that white panel with a spiral notebook punch (that I'd long forgotten about until I saw these awesome cards by Amy Rohl).


The Deconstructed Sketch girls are bringin' it on strong for this week's sketch. Check out their samples, too. Here they are:

Pam Varnell (later today)


To play along, link up your sketch creation HERE!


10 comments:

El Palacio de Martín said...

Preciosa, me encanta el azul.
Besos

LORi said...

I always ♥ everything you create! This is fabulous!! Big hugs my Friend - LORi

Arielle H Gordon said...

Super fabulous!!! Love the colors and the papers, and really love the distressing! That twine and spiral edge punch is perfect!

jen said...

Awesome job! I'm new to your site. Tfs
Hugs,jen

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous Masculine card, Amy!! Love the colors and distressing!!

Danni said...

Fabulous card! I love all the added little "extras" that just make it amazing!

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! Fabulous use of the Divine Twine! I love everything, though!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Amy! Love the rounded corners and all that distressing!

Sandy said...

These are always good colors especially with your lovely design!
Wonderful!!
Sandy

Teresa Zuehls said...

Great card and take on the sketch! Love the sentiment. TFS