Thursday, May 3, 2012

DS50 + Exciting News!


It's Deconstructed Sketch day, and Jen has a very cool sketch for us this week:



Isn't that fun? Love the staircased vertical strips and the diagonal element on top. 

Being that it's the first Thursday of the month, this week's sketch is also sponsored, and the sponsor is ...

  The Ribbon Carousel


One lucky sketch participant will win a one-year membership to the Ribbon Kit Club, thanks to our friends at the Ribbon Carousel. Is that an awesome prize or what?! To be eligible, compete your sketch in the next week and link it up HERE.

Load of sketch inspiration this week from the DT:


Now for the exciting news ... my guest designer term with the Deconstructed Sketch Girls officially ended last week, but today I officially join the team. Yes, really ... I'm a "Deconstructed Sketch Girl"! I'm thrilled to be sticking around!!

Such good news also means I'm that much more embarrassed about not having a sample ready yet. I know, so lame! Forgive me, but I haven't touched a stamp in a week. I'm looking forward to some stamp therapy today, though {finally!}, so I'll cross my fingers and hope to update with a sample in a few hours. 

A quick word about my silly card ... The mustache was die-cut from brown felt using a super fun new CutUps die from The Cat's Pajamas called Mustaches. The sentiment in the lower left "Have A Fun{TACHE}tic Day" is from TCP's coordinating stamp set, The Mustache Set. This set and these dies are SO much fun!

Today's card is also my sample for TCPTuesday #208. This week, we have a color challenge hosted by Lori Tecler: (I'm totally counting denim as a neutral -- wouldn't you?)


TCP TUESDAY CHALLENGE DETAILS...
1. Each Tuesday we will give you a challenge.
2. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
3. Add your entry to the guestbook on Alma’s blog or upload to the SCS Gallery, using the keywordTCPTUES208 for this week’s challenge.
4. TCP stamps are not required for this challenge, but of course we love to see TCP fans use their TCP stamps!
5. There will be one randomly chosen weekly winner, announced on Tuesdays who will win a Gift Voucher for use on The Cat’s Pajamas website.
6. There will be one winner, The Swanky Stamper, announced the 1st of each month. They will win several sets from an upcoming release and get to play along with us at our Pajama Party and Blog Hop.


  Happy Thursday, friends!

10 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Congratulations!!! I look forward to seeing what you make~! As always. :)

Jen Shults said...

WooHoo! This is wonderful! I love the denim paper with the pop of color from the ribbon. So fun!

Natalie said...

Fun, fun card!! Love it!

Shantaie said...

super fun card! Congratulations you are the sketch queen!!!!! :D

Unknown said...

WOW! Totally gorgeous as usual Amy.. LOVE the mustache!! Xx

Vickie Z said...

You are one of the most creative people I know!!! Love the mustache and those ribbons. Yes, denim is a neutral- at least I think so!!!

Alyssa S said...

WooHoo! I am soooooo excited that you are officially joining the team! These ladies are amazing, but I love your style so much. I'm excited (coffee hasn't kicked in yet to give me another verb) to see your samples/cards every week! I have been trying not to buy these mustache dies and stamps but this card just pushed me over the edge...I'm off to order them now! :o)

Susie said...

Congratulations Amy! The card is adorable. Love the mustache *haha* You know me, I like out of the ordinary. You're going to be a great designer for this group - no matter the look, you've got it covered!

dpkennedy said...

This is so much fun! I love the denim and how you created the face!

Cindy Major said...

That's the cutest card I have ever seen! So clever!!