Monday, August 6, 2012

Project Life, Week 24

Your comments on my first Project Life post a little while ago were so sweet and encouraging (thank you, you know I was nervous!) that I thought I'd post more. Today, I'll share my Week 24 spread, which covers June 10-16.




The colorful paper choices (from a retired Pink Paislee collection, Soiree), were inspired by my daughter's bathing suit in the photo to the right of the title card. The bright colors are WAY out of my comfort zone, but I ended up having a lot of fun with them (despite the fact that the hot pink may not have been the perfect color for my son's baseball pictures in the second half of the week!). Other than the papers, there's not a lot on the title card. The letters and numbers are chipboard. I added a spiral notebook border using MFT's Notebook Edge Die-namics die. The scalloped turquoise pieces were done with MFT's Medium Scallop Border die.


This is the photo to the right of the title card, a sequence of my daughter jumping into the pool. (I put the three photos together in Photoshop Elements using a free template from Persnikety Prints,  6x4 Tiny Templates.) 

I love seeing the nose-holding and her "all-elbows-and-knees" entry in the third photo. Today, less than two months later, the girl in these photos has been replaced by a much more comfortable, much more graceful, much more competent swimmer. And that observation is fresh fuel for my whole Project Life album (which I'll admit has faltered these last two weeks). I can't wait to have this whole year to look back on next year and the year after that and the year after that. Kind of reminds me of the saying, "the days are long but the years are short." Project Life is really helping me pay more attention to the days. 



My older two were at our church's Vacation BIble School all week long, so that activity got a chunk of real estate this particular week. I didn't have any good photos since I wasn't there, so I searched on the internet for a photo of the VBS program the church used, Sonrise National Park VBS. I embellished one not-so-great photo of the opening one day and added an embellished 3x4 journal card to round it out.



The next two journaling cards go with the photos that are above and below.

On the left is some brief journaling expressing gratitude for our neighbors' generosity with their pool. The butterfly embellishment was done with more MFT dies plus some fuchsia baker's twine. At the top is a strip of black polka-dot washi tape.

On the right side is a Chevron Bitty Bag from i{heart}papers embellished with a partial Project Life Turquoise journaling card, more black chipboard letters, and a washi tape arrow. Inside the bitty bag is a tag with some journaling about my son's home run. (I should mention that the pockets for these pages open on the front side. In order to have access that tag inside the bitty bag, I had to slice a small opening on the back side of that pocket.


And here's the photo of the home run. Cole had already hit a few home runs by this point in the season, but to my dismay, I had not seen a single one. I came with camera in hand just wanting to snap a few photos; I was thrilled to capture this moment! (I'm thankful no photo has surfaced of me doing the happy dance from the other side of the backstop! I may or may not have looked like a complete raving lunatic.) The "moment captured" was done with an Ali Edwards digital brush.

Here's the second page:


Along the top are a post-recital photo of my daughter and her piano teacher and my oldest son's baseball team with their runner-up trophy from the American League/National League championship game. Just straight-up 6x4's, no embellishing.


The left journal card goes with the recital photo above, and the right journal card goes with the photo below:


"What I want to remember about today" is another Ali Edwards digi brush, available at designerdigitals.com. In the album, I added a strip of designer paper along the bottom, just to tie it into the rest of the spread a little more.


This was the week Cole received his invitation to play on the All-Star team, so I had to do a little something for that. I added a digi sentiment to the photo using Karla Dudley's Stamp Sheet - Boy Brushes, available at Design House Digital) and colored the word "awesome" in red. On the right is a 3x4 card made with Soiree papers, black chipboard letters, and turquoise scallops to pick up on elements elsewhere in the week's spread.

At the end is a 6x4 week in review card done with a Cathy Zielske's Frame Journalers digi template. (Sorry no close-up, I can't find the file!) I changed the font to Traveling Typewriter and the color to a lime green. I've been using these week-in-review cards quite a bit. It's amazing how much of the everyday can fit on these!

That's it for Week 24. Thanks again for the Project Life feedback - it means a lot! I hope to keep sharing my album progress here and there.


Hugs,
Amy

8 comments:

Maureen said...

I absolutely love looking at people's project life pages - TFS! I really love all your personal touches!

KimCreate said...

tHIS YEAR i'VE BECOME AWARE of project life and it such a wonderful way to scrapbook! Wish my kids were not all grown up. You create beautiful pages!
Kim

Heidi said...

Amy where do you get your 12x12 divided pages at? I think that this is a fabulous way to scrap and I am thinking I might like to try it.

Wendy said...

OK Amy, now I am inspired to think about doing a project life album next year. Do you find that there are weeks with no pictures? I think that might be my problem. Thanks for sharing and your kids are beautiful! (and so much bigger than I remember)

wendy said...

just gorgeous PJ layouts Amy...terrific way to capture all those special moments for sure

dpkennedy said...

Good for you Amy, for taking this on. I want to do it, but I am just not organized enough yet. Maybe next year will be my year! Enjoy!!

June Houck said...

Holy moly, Amy, this is fabulous! What a perfect way to document your daily life. When you look back (even in just a few months) you may see things that otherwise may have become a forgotten memory. What a terrific album to look back through in years to com.

Oliwiaen said...

Awesome piece of scrapbooking work! LOVE the idea of documenting each week, and the way you do it is just perfect!