Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Whale of A Friend - TCPTues225


Whale of a Time was one of the very first Cat's Pajamas stamp sets I just had to have. The whale image is so cute and puts a smile on my face every time I see it. Crazy thing is, other than one of the sentiments in the set, it hasn't been inked. Until today! Lucky for me, the whale was a perfect fit for this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge #225, which I'm hosting in TCP's forum. Let's have a look at the sketch:


I envisioned more of a CAS (clean and simple) card when I designed this sketch, but you could also go crazy with layers and embellishments. I kind of did both with today's card - a plain card base, but lots of details within that focal panel. I also moved the pair of embellishments from the lower left of the focal panel over to the accent strip to the right - it just worked better that way! Those washers are jumbo eyelets that I flattened first, then tied on with hemp cord.

The papers are from My Mind's Eye's The Sweetest Thing 6x6 collections (primarily Bluebell). The clouds are die-cut with TCP's Cloud CutUps die. The waves were done with the Waves CutUps die, and the white scallop along the bottom was done with the Big Scallop CutUps die.

I combined this TCPTues225 sample with last week's challenge, TCP Tuesday Challenge #224, hosted by Susan. Her theme was "Water, Water Everywhere," and the challenge is to use an image that implies water (including snow or ice), and combine that image with either the Wave Border  or Snowflake CutUps die. Her challenges are always so fun!


Here are all the swanky details on how YOU can play along:

1. Each Tuesday we will give you a challenge.
2. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
3. Add your entry to the guestbook on Alma's blog and/or upload to the SCS Gallery, using the keyword TCPTUES225 for this week's challenge.
4. TCP stamps/dies are not required, but highly encouraged if you have them.
5. There will be one randomly chosen weekly winner, announced on Tuesdays.
6. There will be one winner, The Swanky Stamper, announced the 1st of each month. That lucky stamper will win several sets from an upcoming release and get to play along with us at our Pajama Party and Blog Hop.


Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Publication Papers said...

Nice design card.

Alma de la Rosa said...

Ah dorable! Such a sweet card and so scrappy. I don't know how you do it.

scrappymo! said...

This is just so cute...love that little whale!

ArtMagda said...

very cute :)

April said...

So cute! I love the layout and all the elements!

Amy Johnson said...

Super cute! Love the Kraft paper, the variety of stitching, and the printed cloud and patterned whale.

Amy Rohl said...

Oh so sweet, Amy! LOVE the clouds, the eyelets and knotting...you are just so darn clever. A dreamy card, I tell ya!

Hugs to you!

Cheryl said...

Love the sketch, but can you tell me where to post my entry? It's due by the end of the month...is that today or the end of Sept? Thanks!