Monday, December 15, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Candy Cane



It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

photo source: atthepicketfence.com

We have a new sponsor, Avery Elle, for the Curtain Call Inspiration: Candy Cane!  A randomly selected participant in the Candy Cane challenge will receive a $20 Avery Elle gift certificate, while the LEAD will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!


For today's card, I took inspiration from the red and white striped candy canes and the aqua ribbon. I was also inspired by the overall clean, crisp look of the inspiration photo. 


First I stamped a background of snowflakes from Avery Elle's Noel stamp set. I used the rock 'n roll technique to get the two shades of blue. Then I spritzed on a little silver mist and added a candy cane stripe and some sparkly twine. 


The sentiment is stamped in a bold red ink, trimmed to a rectangle, backed with a doily fragment and popped up on foam tape.



Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!

Candy Cane Designers


Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Amy. Love those snowflakes and the striped paper.

Marisa said...

Adore this, Amy.

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I had to pin :-)

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

~amy~ said...

I love this!